TP: Better Video Solution for 755CE/CX?

We're running 755CE and 755CX machines in Dock Station 1 connected to NEC
MultiSync XE17 (running at 1024x768) as a "portable" workstation.  They each
have 24->40Mb of RAM and are running Windoze95.  We are running a very
graphic intensive client/server application as well as Lotus Notes and a
terminal emulator, and even with 40Mb, there is very slow video performance
within the applications and when switching between applications (plus a lot
of hard disk thrashing).  IBM ThinkPad tech support told me these machines
don't have video RAM.  I'm considering removing the token ring cards from the
dock station and using a PCMCIA token ring card and then bringing in some 2Mb
Diamond SpeedStar64 video cards to put in the docking station.  Has anyone
else had this type of problem, and what was your solution?

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike Pinter, Sr.
Tenneco Automotive
Lead Programmer/Analyst