Re: 16 v 32 on TP (was: Third Party Memory for the TP701)

My interest in the 32 MB module is for running NT 4.0 with the hope
that system response would improve significantly, or somewhat more
than noticeably, since I run some memory hogs. I spoke to a sysop
at a shop that runs NT 3.51 on their work stations, normally with 32 MB,
and he said that the performance increase should be noticeable but
not enough to justify the cost and that a new box was a better way to
go.

As an aside, with 24 MB the 701 performs better  with NT 4.0 than
with Win95. It's more responsive although it does take longer to
load  and does not have some of features that 95 has that
are useful for a notebook.