Re: Eye strain with 1024 * 768?

> Almost any *real* software package will allow you to change fonts and sizes

Of course, one can include this in the definition of 'real software package'
and make the statement tautological.  If some apps built into Win95 don't work
well on an XVGA screen then of course we can spend more for other
packages, but potential buyers should be aware of the problem.
(Incidentally, I *like* hyperterminal.)

> 	If you run DOS apps in a window, then you can do a lot to manipulate their
> size.  It might be when you purchase the Plus! pack, but there are fonts
> just for DOS windows that allow for more size & selection variety for many
> window sizes.

Only for those DOS apps that are CRT-based.  I have several which I use
regularly, but not on my 800x600 machine, because they are *not*
CRT-based, and even with Plus! I can't make fonts big enough
to be usable.

Also, many games (especially kids games) won't use the higher
resolution, and look bad when stretched.  (One of my TP701's main uses
is as a pacifier for my 2-year-old when we fly; anyone who flies
on the same plane with us benefits from this:-)

Again, my arguments won't apply to all users, but are certainly
something anyone worried about eye strain should know about.  (Ditto for
your point about using larger fonts.)

- David