Re: port replicator malfunction

Call IBM & they will replace the Multiport2, expect a wait of a few
weeks for a replacement.

On Thu, 30 Jan 97 21:07:48, Gabriel Ash wrote:

>Hi
>
>My port replicator (I hope that's the right name: the black rectangular that clicks
>into the back of my 701 and has power/video/serial/parallel etc. ports) is causing
>the system to halt, often without any recovery except reboot (even Alt-CTRL-DEL
>doesn't help. visual inspection shows damage to the plastiv part of the connector
>- a few of the holes seem worn. I have the computer for about a year, and the normal
>insertion of the multiport requires pressing it with some force. I think it is not my fault, and I
>deserve replacement, before I contact IBM, I would like to know what others think.
>
>Thanks for reading
>Gabriel Ash
>Notre-Dame

jeffsnc@mindspring.com

I'm not paranoid, I know they are following me.

Unsolicited advertising sent to this E-Mail address is expressly prohibited
under USC Title 47, Section 227.  Violators are subject to charge of up to
$1,500 per incident or treble actual costs, whichever is greater.