RE: Re[2]: NT 4.0 on a TP760CD P120..nee

No, it's not a problem with FAT vs. NTFS.  I am using FAT on my 760CD.  I
actually dual boot into Windows 3.1 (don't ask).  My install wasn't on a
clean HD.  I had Win95 and Win3.1 in a dual boot configuration.  I removed
Win95 (booted with a floppy, SYS'ed the drive, manually deleted Win 95), and
then from a standard Windows 3.1 on top of IBM PCDOS 5.02 (again, please
don't ask!), I ran the install for NT4.0.  Everything loaded smooth as
glass.  I did have some problems with the Ethernet card (a Megahertz card),
but that was after the install was complete.

Do you have networking support on the laptop?  Perhaps try removing some of
the elements you don't need (ie Peer web services).  My system only has 16M
of RAM, and boot takes about 30 seconds.  I have networking support through
an ethernet card.  Also, are you using Server or Workstation?  Workstation
doesn't load as many drivers, and should load quicker, that is what I am
using.  Also, I am using version 4.00.1381 (Properties on My Computer).

Is you drive Doublespaced or Stacker'ed (word?).  I don't even know if you
can do this with NT, but I would assume it causes problems.

I do have the enhanced video running (from the CD), and the new MWave from
IBM's site.  I don't think the problem lies there.

That's the whole story.  I don't know what else I can tell you.  Except for
the Ethernet card, everything went OK.

RK