NT 4.0 on a TP760CD P120..need more ram?

     Have got a 760CD with 32mb of ram running NT 4.0. Boots are slow and
     it does a lot of disk swapping even after it's up, so I assume I've
     got a lot of things getting loaded that don't need to be. I tried
     disabling MWAVE under ControlPanel/Devices (to free up some RAM) but
     then it wouldn't boot and I got a blue screen dump, so had to revert
     to the original configuration. Anybody got a list of things to do to
     optimize a ThinkPad under NT (and how to do it if possible)?

     By the way, it is a FAT partition. Swap space is set to between 45 and
     85mb. Display is set to 32k(m?) colors. Any and all sugestions are
     welcome. Thanks.