RE: pcmcia modem and 755: problems setting up

Hi,

I bought a USR 28.8 Sportster X-Jack modem recently. I couldn't work out
why I it didn't seem happy with a USR 28.8 PCMCIA modem driver
until I looked at the underside of the card. There it mentioned
Megahertz - so I tried using a Megahertz
driver and BINGO everything worked a treat (I used the Megahertz
XJ2288 driver in Windows 95). Maybe that'll work for you too.
I didn't use any of the software supplied with the card, just the
drivers already provided with Windows 95.

I plan to write a few messages to the list soon on installing
this modem, on installing a Bus Toaster with Jaz drive
and Reno (remaindered) CD-ROM. Most of this with Windows
3.1 and Windows 95. Maybe Linux soon. Watch this space. Oh,
everything on a 701CS.

cheers,

Andrew.