Re: pcmcia modem models: XJack

> Date:          Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:52:27 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          "John H. Kim" <jokim@MIT.EDU>
> To:            thinkpad@cs.utk.edu
> Subject:       Re: pcmcia modem models: XJack

> On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Randy Whittle wrote:
> > At 06:30 PM 10/10/96 +0900, Marshall Lai wrote:
> > >
> > >Don't know about ATT 28.8 but tried out Magahertz XJ2288 and returned it.
> > >The card is excellent in terms of ease of installation and throughput.  My
> > >problem lies with the XJack: The phone cable connector protrudes a little
> > >too much to bend my SCSI cable connector.........
> >
> > If this is an issue for you and you still want the Megahertz, they
> > *do* have a "corded" version without the XJack.

I have the corder version of the Megahertz (CC3288) and it does not
interfere with my SCSI card (for the external CD ROM).  I have a
TP701Cs and can in fact close the little pop-out door with the hole
in it, the connectors come through nicely.
Gene <blue@enteract.com>

  "We have come to this town where lives the cream of American
  art.  And just imagine, I a Premier, a Soviet representative,
  when I came here to this city, I was given a plan -- a
  program of what I was to be shown and whom I was to meet here.

  "But just now I was told that I could not go to Disneyland. I
  asked: 'Why not?' What is it, do you have rocket-launching
  pads there? I do not know.

  "And just listen -- just listen to what I was told -- to what
  reason I was told. We, which means the American authorities,
  cannot guarantee your security if you go there.

  "What is it? Is there an epidemic of cholera there or
  something? Or have gangsters taken over the place that can
  destroy me? Then what must I do? Commit suicide? This is the
  situation I am in -- your guest.  For me the situation is
  inconceivable. I cannot find words to explain this to my
  people."

  -- A 1959 speech by Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev after
     he wanted to go to Disneyland but was denied permission
     because security officials could not guarantee his safety.