Re: ThinkPad + FreeBSD?

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Christian Carey wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've just started subscribing to this mailing list. I've read the FAQ
> (last updated on 8th March 1995!?), and it doesn't mention anything about
> running FreeBSD on ThinkPads. Has anyone here put FreeBSD on their
> ThinkPad, and if so, can you recommend any tips to someone about to try
> it? I happen to have a 701C with 16 MB RAM and a FreeBSD 2.1 CD.

As do I(in terms of the hardware stuff).

I've got 2.1 and 2.1.5R and the latest SNAP running on my Thinkpad(all at
separate times).  Everything works like a charm.

You might want to consider installing the PAO PCMCIA package.

Ben
____
Paris, France                      Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator