Re: Parallel Port CD problems w/ 701C

	Don't CD drives need the port to be a certain type?  With the latest
BIOS I see a dialogue for changing the "type" of port to ECP, EPP, and
such.  This may work, though to me, the BIOS settings in the latest upgrade
seem "slippery."  I've tried to change the IRQ for the sound card, but it
never stays at the IRQ, it always goes to the default again.  BTW, did you
know that all the settings in the BIOS go to default if you hold down the
mouse keys during boot-up?
	EPBrown
On Sun, 26 May 1996 08:54:00 -0400, you wrote:

  |Hello All -
  |     Has anyone with a 701C had any luck getting parallel port CD drives
(or
  |any other parallel port device) working.  Any tips or tricks?  I have a
CD
  |drive that works great with my COMPAQ AERO but, when using the same
generic
  |drivers, says it doesn't see (during boot-up) the CD drive even though I
see
  |it being accessed.
  |     Doesn't seem to be an IRQ conflict, though my tools have been
limited
  |to MSD.
  |     Any input or suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

  |-Vic Gonzalez
  |vicgonzlez@interserf.net

Harriet!  Hairy.  It.  Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis.
Beautiful.  Bemused.  Bellicose.  Butcher.
UN-trust-ing!  UN-know-ing!  UN-love-ed.
"This Poem Sucks" by Mike Myers
epbrown@suba.com