>Intel 133MHz pentium
>12.1 inch display
>PCI local bus
>16MB RAM standard
>LION Battery
>2MB VRAM (video RAM)
>Removable quad speed CD ROM
>
>---------------------------
>760 LD (introduced 3 weeks ago) is discountinued when inventory is sold out.
>
>Gary Jacobs
>gjacobs@qualcomm.com
>(619)658-4069 voice
>(619)658-2120 fax

Hi Gary (and fellow ThinkPad lovers),

I've had an IBM 760CD-120 on order for months and was told IBM stopped
all Thinkpad production in February due to a lack of specific "parts".
Shipments were suppose to startup again March 15th.

Now you say that the brand-new 760LD is being discontinued almost as
soon as it becomes available and that the 760ED is being added as a
new model (I assume it's not replacing the 760CD?).  Lots of strange
and wonderful things happening here.

Since you seem to have some inside information Gary, any idea what is
really going on with the 760 models?  Why all of these apparent
"mid-stream" changes?

Since I've waited so long for the 760CD-120 to become available, it
makes sense to wait a little longer for the 760ED.  Any idea when
the 760ED will REALLY be available?  Has it "officially" been
announced yet...with part number?  List price??

BTW, I was wondering why IBM didn't include a PCI-bus, 16MB memory
standard, and 2Mb video ram in the original 760CD...seemed strange
with everyone else headed in that direction.  Sounds like some IBM
honcho thought the same thing and decided to "fix" it.  I'd sure
love to know what REALLY happen...I suppose we'll never know for
sure.

Comments?

                      _\//__
  --Sandy            / _  _ \
         | InterNet : sandy@sandy.com |  Reflections By Design  |
         | Web Page : www.sandy.com   | Web Design & Production |
         | Location : Cupertino, CA   | Info? Call 408-257-2800 |