Re: 760C problems

Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> writes:

> I have a 760CD [...]
> The keyboard is softer, it is like the 701 keyboard rather than the 755
> one. Yes, I do find it skipping occasionally but on the other hand it is
> MUCH quieter than the keyboards on other thinkpads.

When I first received my 755CE it had an occasional probelm with keys not
working - that is while the key was struck nothing happened, then the for
at least the next few 100 times it worked fine, then it'd fail again.
This was fairly random and happened with many keys, although it was just
about impossible to purposefully reproduce.

I finally sent it in and and got a new keyboard, which for a few months
worked great - now it may be starting the same thing again.  It's hard to
tell as I type lightly and the throw of the keys seems a bit long..  One
thing I would like to know is how the throw (how far down one must press
before the key works) on the 760 compares?  And is anyone else having the
above problem on the 755?

Thanks,

Billy Y..