Re: MWave performance at 28.8

At 05:12 PM 1/17/96 EST, Kenneth Yee/CAM/Lotus wrote:
>> My 755CX is pretty much my machine for everything. I'm having a number of
>> problems with Internet connectivity (Win95 PPP) that seem to be related in
>> some way to the MWave (since it works fine from other systems that I have).
>> Are any of you seeing this? Any ideas? Anyone know when the next release of
>> the MWave software is expected?
>  I'm having similiar problems under Warp Connect.  I thought
>  it was related to swapping problems because I only have 8MB..
>  The symptom is that telnets work (although response times
>  are slow).  The SLIP window puts out a lot of warnings that
>  only x of y characters were written with x < y.  ftp's seem to go
>  for a while (both ways), then die as if they lose sync.
>  What are your symptoms?

Well, I use it largely to POP into my provider to get and send mail using
Eudora, do Web surfing, and anything else on the 'net. The symptoms are that
if I don't back down to 19200 on my dial-up, I get assorted hang-ups, dead
connections, inability to do name resolution, and it hardly ever works.
Unless, sometimes, I connect at a pure 28.8. It seems that any backoff isn't
working properly.

It's now seems to be having these symptoms at 19200, also. I'm not sure that
it doesn't also have something to do with my provider.

At least, that's how it seems to me....

Cheers,
ssh
--
Steve Hultquist                                Worldwide Solutions, Inc.
Distributed Systems and Internet Engineering           Boulder, Colorado