Re: portable CD ROM on thinkpad

>anyone have any luck with a portable CD ROM on a thinkpad running OS/2
I made a similar inquiry earlier (though I was not as concerned about
portability).  I got three responses.  Don Perley and Stuart Biggar
suggested a SCSI PCMCIA card with a regular external drive.  I've been
looking into this a bit, and many of the external drives are quite small
(though they require 110V).  I'll probably go this route, though I havn't
decided which drive I'll get.  Gator advertises WARP drivers in their ads,
they include EPP and SCSI, and they look small.  Don Whiteside seems happy
with the Panasonic, though he uses Windows. I didn't see any WARP drivers
when I looked at the Panasonic drivers web page.

How do these SCSI cards deal with hot-plugging and hibernation?  Stuart
Biggar seems to like his IBM SCSI card.  Any other bad/good experiences?

Victor Kress
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20015-1305