Re: Help with IBM Thinkpad 701C battery problem!

At 01:00 PM 1/3/96, John H. Kim wrote:

>I've only run the battery down 4 times.  Twice I plugged into AC within
>a minute (definitely longer than 10 seconds).  The other two times it
>went into suspend a minute or two after the alarm.  Hibernation is disabled
>on my 701.  I assume you have the NiMH like I do?
>
>> it jumps from about 12 to 14% down to 0% almost immediately and won't
>> let me suspend or hibernate (it says battery power is too low to go
>> into suspend).
>
>I haven't been using that meter much.  I'll do a rundown tonight and
>watch what happens.  I *have* seen it at 10%, 8%, and 5% so I don't
>think I have your problem.

My 755 had been going into emergency suspend (after the alarms)
whith the meter still reading 30%.  A friend of mine suggested that
the meter will be more accurate after going through a complete
auto-drain-recharge cycle. (remember to disable suspend during the
cycle). At least that was his experience on a compaq.

-Don Perley
perley@cadence.com