Re: flaky ac connector

>Anyone else experience flakiness in the power connector that plugs
>into the back of a 755cx (probably same as other 755 series)?  I can't
>tell for sure whether the flakiness is in the adapter's plug or on the
>thinkpad side itself.  The pins inside the thinkpad feel solid enough.
>The tip of the adapter plug has loosened up in the sleeve that
>surrounds it a bit further back (the sleeve has separated slightly
>into its two halves).  It's all kind of hard to describe.  Is trouble
>with the ac adapter a common problem?

There was a thread on this in the CIS Thinkpad forum
recently. I caught only the later part so am unsure
of the exact breakage mode but did read that IBM
customer support is replacing the whole power supply
brick and cord with a better designed plug but somewhat
bulkier brick for those having problems. My own 755cx
plug is getting loose too. Used to snap in but suddenly
one day started sliding in.

--
Mark Ng
mng@crl.com