Re: Setup for soundcard

>The default settings for the ThinkPad 755 is I/O address 0030-003F, IRQ 10,
>with DMA channel 0 for playback and DMA 1 for capture.

>Unfortunately, you'll find that the audio is incompatible with most DOS based
>games.

True enough.  The ones that do generally work in my experience
have been the ones that automatically find the right configuration
(such as Wolfenstein).  And of the ones that don't auto-config,
most any setting will work (if it'll work at all).

I'm curious as to what the new DSP card will be like.

>Has anyone every gotten DOOM to work on a ThinkPad ??? :)

Just have to wait for DOOM/2.  That'll be reason alone for TP
owners everywhere to switch over...  :)
---
Sean Chou / schou@uiuc.edu / CompuServe 73672,2111