Re: Repair Suggestions

> I don't know if other people have had problems with IBM's service
> center, but I would be curious to hear about your problems. I returned my 75

> was returned with large scratches in both top and bottom covers. In
> addition, they were to have replaced the keyboard. They keyboard was not
> swapped.

> I suggested that support should just buy me a new machine out of
> their budget. Support can keep the thrashed machine.
>
> They problem is that the mobiles manager is hiding the problem by
> offering to replace the damaged parts. Remember that the people who will
> repair the system are the same people that damaged the system in the
> first place.
>
> What would you do if IBM did this to your 750.
> --
> Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com

	Ohhhh, Scott--I'm *really* sorry to hear this kind of crap happening.
Personally, when I sent my machine in, I got only the best of service and the
problem (a loose hinge) was fixed almost instantaneously--I had a near-perfect
machine returned to me in just a few days.

	But if I were in your position, I can't say I'd know what to do.
Sounds like they just plain damaged your machine and want to pretend it never
happened.  I think I'd be trying to call the higher-ups and explain what
happened.  Hopefully they'll make it right.

	Meanwhile, keep us posted.

-----
Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |   My opinions are mine, but  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)| since I'm right, they should |
 (How's this for a snotty .sig?  Well, I guess |         be yours too.        |
  it's better than an ASCII of a nude woman!)