Disk Upgrades

So far I can only report failure on performing a disk upgrade to the
750. While the actual upgrade is technically feasible, the problem is
finding a drive to fit the system at a reasonable price. Note that the
750 requires at most a 17mm high drive with and IDE interface. The
Toshiba drives are 19mm's high. Maxtor's drives are 17mm, but are not
very dense (i.e. ~260MB).

While I have found the 340Mb IBM drive, it was offered for $949. I don't
know what IBM is selling the 750's 340MB drive for today, but I would
guess that PC-Direct's price would be close to $950.

IBM's 540MB and 810MB drives appear to be only sold direct by IBM, not
through distribution. IBM would not sell a limited quantity to an end
user. (Read, would you like 10,000 or 20,000 per month?)

--
Scott Stratmoen | ..!atfs0!freedm!scott