Re: Scheme pre-R6RS Workshop at ICFP - Call for Participation

   From: Kent Pitman <kmp@harlequin.com>
   Date: Mon, 25 May 98 12:51:32 EDT

   What really rubbed me wrong was the notion that "proposals were being
   accepted at the meeting".

Where is this from?  This phrase doesn't appear in the announcement
sent here or in the web page.  What the mailing sent here did say
was

 Richard Kelsey is organizing the workshop, and he is now accepting
 strawman proposals for R6RS additions and ammendments.

and I agree this wording is unfortunate; I didn't write it.  I would
have prefered something like:

 and he is now accepting strawman proposals for Scheme additions
 and ammendments for discussion at the meeting.

   You are the editor of the spec; along with
   that comes certain responsibilities, and one is to recognize that when
   your name is juxtaposed with a call for proposals, you cannot assume
   it will be neutrally interpreted as "something people can do
   anywhere".

I am someone who edited R5RS because no one else did so.  Now I am
organizing a meeting to discuss possibilities for R6RS for much the
same reason.  Would you prefer no meeting to one organized by me?

                                        -Richard