Re: port? in R5RS

   From: "Sergei Egorov" <esl@informaxinc.com>
   Cc: <rrrs-authors@martigny.ai.mit.edu>
   Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 02:29:13 -0500

   Section 3.2 (p.6) of the released R5RS mentions the port? predicate.
   It is not defined, however, in section 6.6.1. Since it's probably
   too late to change the report, I just would like to know whether I
   should put port? into (scheme-report-environment 5) or not.

So much for my dreams of perfection.  The introduction
of `port?' in section 3.2 was a clumsy attempt to indicate
that ports are distinct from the other types listed there.
There was no intent of adding a `port?' procedure, so I would
suggest not having it in (scheme-report-environment 5).

                           -Richard Kelsey