R5RS

I believe that it is time for us to stop tweaking R5RS and
start thinking about R6RS.

R5RS is available as

   ftp://ftp.nj.nec.com/pub/kelsey/authors.ps.gz

In the absence of any major objection I will make a general
announcement and make the sources available.  The deadline
for objections is next Thursday, February 19th.

The report does include the section on proper tail recursion.
To ensure that the requirement actually means something, there
is a pointer to Will Clinger's upcoming PLDI paper, which has
a formal definition of proper tail recursion.

I changed the dedication to be to Robert Hieb, in appreciation
of his work on hygienic macros.
                                     -Richard Kelsey