[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Speaking as an outsider to the R5RS authors group, I wonder why
publication is not being stayed awhile.
I share Matthias Blume's concern that the new language does not add
much to the clarity of the document. While perfection is an untenable
goal, Clinger's work may present a very reasonable compromise. Why
not issue a temporary moratorium, await the acceptance of Clinger's
paper, and base the language on Clinger's classification?
It would be especially unfortunate if the Report is clarified in just
a few months -- when a small delay would allow the Report to cite its