Re: Generative record types

Or ... how about this: we split Scheme into two languages.  One
would aim to be increasingly "ML-like"; the other would remain
"Lisp-like" -- or however we choose to characterize them (let's
not fight about _that_).

Right now, it's difficult for Scheme to progress in any direction.
Both of the split languages could develop, probably rather quickly.
Moreover, through friendly competition and by borrowing ideas,
both languages might go further than either would alone.

Maybe we'd even have some fun instead of these endless wrangles and
frustrating deadlocks.

-- jd