IEEE Standard

Im my last message I conservatively suggested a one month period for
submission of concrete proposals for limited revision of the IEEE Scheme
standard, following which we could vote to reaffirm or pursue limited
revision.

I have received 10 votes for reaffirmation and no further expression of
interest in revision.  The IEEE would like to know what our intentions are
at their September standards board meeting, for which the appropriate
contacts must be informed by August 12th.  Though if we followed my
conservative timetable, we could not oblige them, I felt that was less
important than giving a fair chance for interest in limited revision to be
expressed and debated.  It appears now there is a unanimous, or close to
unanimous, consensus to reaffirm.  it seems appropriate to so inform the
IEEE in time for their next meeting.

Therefore, unless objection is raised in the next few days, I will inform
the IEEE that the consensus of the Scheme working group is that the Scheme
standard contains no erroneous or out of date information and should be
reaffirmed.

Chris Haynes