agenda for the June 25 R5RS meeting: Proposed Objection

   Date: Thu, 30 Jul 92 18:00:38 BST
   From: Jeff Dalton <jeff@aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk>

   > > It can be implemented in terms of the existing core.

   One thing I would like to be able to do is to have objects that
   are also functions (as I can in T).  That is, I would like to be
   able to have some funcitons that can also respond to messages.

   It is not, so far as I know, possible to implement this in terms
   of the existing core (unless you want to get into the business of
   rewriting programs).

It is possible, but terribly inefficient, and can lead to storage
overflow due to the lack of weak pointers, populations, or whatever.