Re: Bitwise logical operators

> I've heard no objections to these, not even on the grounds that the
> language is getting too clutterred.  Please speak up or I'll suggest
> that they go into triage class 1.

I think the language is in serious danger of becoming too cluttered.
I believe we need to agree to some form of serious portable library
and that your portable definitions should go there.  I believe a
realistic library proposal must include some way of "reserving" names
to the library, a protocol for entering items in the library, and
means for testing compatibility of the contents of the library.  I
don't know precisely how to accomplish this, but I personally feel
this is the most important item that must be addressed by the authors;
otherwise the language is in serious danger of explosive growth and
a nearly complete loss of one of its most important characteristics:
its small size.

I had planned to say this verbally at the meeting.  Your comment
forces me into print.

--Jim