Output buffering

   From: Gyro

   It must be admitted that terminal output buffering is not critical on a 10
   MIPS (not even the current state of the art) single-user workstation the way
   it was on the PDP 11/45 of Unix's ancestry.  I think the standard wisdom on
   this issue is becoming outdated.

I stand corrected, by both Aubrey and Will.

Still, I think it would be unfortunate if explicit flush-buffer calls were
added to the list of things a novice had to know about to write even the
simplest programs.  Perhaps the MacScheme approach is adequate to prevent this.

-- Scott