ports as real types...

In both the IEEE standard, and in R^4RS, ports were omitted from the
type hierarchy, and so far as I know, no rationale for this omission
has been given. I would like to propose [for discussion] that either
this omission be rectified and port be made into a proper type [i.e.
include the "port?" predicate under section "Disjointness of types"]
instead of an implementation-dependent orphan as it currently is, or
an appropriate rationale be included in the report for this omission.

cheers...	oz
---
Code in haste, repent at runtime. | internet: oz@sis.yorku.ca
	- notebooks of a heretic  | phone:416 736 2100 x33976