What I want in R^5RS

> Should DELETE-FILE return an indication of success or failure?

I don't care.  Perhaps more important is the question of whether or
not `an error is signalled' if the specified file does not exist.  I
would not be offended by:
  (DELETE-FILE <name> . <bool>)
where the optional boolean argument indicates whether or not one wants
an error signalled if the specified file does not exist.  I.e.
(delete-file "random" #t) would complain if "random" did not
exist, but (delete-file "random") and (delete-file "random" #f) would
not.

Other suggestions?

-Ken