Declarative LETREC and DEFINE

    I agree that something has to be done to make LETREC and DEFINE purely
    functional.  However, I think there is a simpler solution than the one
    presented by Duba and Felleisen.

I think both of these solutions are patches.  They make the language
harder to understand for a novice.

If something must be done, I would rather limit LETREC (and internal
DEFINE) so only lambda expressions are allowed.

This is probably politically unacceptable (it would break existing
code), and I would then prefer to leave things as they are.