Re: tail recursion

>> ... Many implementation styles trade space for speed,
>> parallel implementations among them; your definition of proper
>> tail-recursion appears to disallow this.

I don't think that anyone is under the illusion that the requirement
for proper tail recursion is anything other than a space saving
optimization and that it may in fact be a time pessimizer for certain
architectures. I think perhaps that Jinx was just trying to say that
we can formalize this to whatever degree we like. If you don't like
the requirement for proper tail recursion, fine - argue for its
removal - but I think that it is dubious to argue that we don't know
what the requirement means.

-Mark