Re: Comments and poll on () [long message]

A. #F and () may be identical, and () may be false;

B. #F and () may be identical, but () is true if they are distinct;

C. #F and () are distinct, and () may be false;

D. #F and () are distinct, and () is true;

I prefer:  D.

I strongly oppose:  A, B, C.

I would accept #F and () are distinct, and () must be false.

Basically I oppose a standard that does not precisely specify the results
of an operation. I would also accept "it is an error ... to test the truth
of () {and implementations are encouraged to detect this error}". I would
also accept requiring #f and () to be the same object.

--Sidney Marshall