re: Dynamic binding

As fate would have it, I am at this moment attempting to debug a piece
of Common Lisp code which, for some non-obvious reason, only works right
if *PACKAGE* is set to a particular package.  No doubt some function
somewhere in it is doing something that involves *PACKAGE* -- interning
would be my first guess, though as it happens I have no idea why it
should be interning anything -- but I have no idea what part of the code
might be doing this or, as I say, why.

This is the kind of thing I'm complaining about.

-- Scott