Re: macros

I would rather wait longer for the R4RS than to have it sooner but
without macros.

However, I do not think it's a good idea to have two macro proposals.
If I remember correctly from the Snowbird meeting, we were going to
lock some people in a room, and not let them have lunch, until they
came up with a single proposal.

But, according to Will Clinger's message, the problem isn't lack
of agreement:

  Chris Hanson deserves great credit for developing a macro facility
  along the lines envisioned at Snowbird, but the well-specified part
  of it does not seem to be sufficiently powerful.  I gather that the
  system itself is adequately powerful, provided we accept that "the
  implementation is the specification", but we certainly don't want to
  accept that.

-- Jeff