Why the interest

Somone sent me mail asking what has suddenly sparked my interest in
Scheme, and if I was doing an implementation.

The answer is yes, I am doing an implementation, partly to understand
the issues in implementing a language with first-class functions and
continuations, and partly because having looked at it from a number of
angles, I find Scheme a marvelously well-executed and thought-out
language, and would like to base a book I am writing on it.

Most of the "difficulties" I see in the current language, given my
interests, have to do with the ability to express cues to the
implementation for efficient compilation, and I am particularly
interested in thinking about ways to express these things that do not
jeopardize the mathematical soundness of the language.

And there you have it...

Jon