Quoting vectors?

   Date: Thu, 2 Feb 89 10:40:06 -0800
   From: Andy Freeman <andy@polya.Stanford.EDU>

   Of course, one could argue that the opposite view, that quotation is a
   hack to make up for the unfortunate fact that lists and symbols use
   the same syntax as expressions and variables.  I don't like this
   because it makes quasi-quote into another hack, and I don't think that
   either quasi-quote or quote are hacks.

Actually, if you look into this a little (I'd suggest talking to John
Lamping) it becomes pretty obvious that they are both hacks.  Fixing
it, unfortunately, requires some pretty serious changes to the
language.