R4RS Number Syntax

I have not seen mail in some time, so I though I would send some.

It seems to me that the sharp (#) character is somewhat overused used in
number syntax.  I would like to see some character other than sharp used to
denote `extra digits'.  I would prefer dollar ($) or question (?) for their
mnemonic value.  Could one of these be excluded from special-initials?  Bar
(|) is not in the extended alphabetics, but looks ugly to me.

Comments? Suggestions?

Ken Dickey	<note change of email address>> kend@mrloog.LA.TEK.COM

PS: Any consensus on nice names for reckless rec-lets (er, named LETs)?