Regularization of Procedures in Scheme (pair setters)

   If you set a vector with VECTOR-SET! and a string with STRING-SET!,
   why do you set a pair with SET-CAR! and SET-CDR! instead of CAR-SET!
   and CDR-SET!.
   John

My point was that a true regularization of procedure names in Scheme
would require a large number of changes I suspect we are not willing
to make.  I suggest we limit the scope of the regularization effort
and only focus on the non-controversial changes.

John

PS.  The multiple messages problem seems to occur only when a MITRE
mailer tries to directly contact the PSN that is connected to MC, XX,
and Zurich.  MITRE gurus now acknowledge that MITRE machines are
likely involved with the bug, but no one knows why it only occurs with
MIT's PSN.  Thanks to Jonathan help, we are debugging the problem off
line, so this mailing list should see no further multiples messages
from MITRE.