Re: More on Full Specification

	From: Paul Hudak <hudak-paul@YALE.ARPA>

	I think you missed the point -- I wasn't arguing for parallel
	semantics.  The question was whether or not PERMUTE was overspecified,
	which I claim only goes half-way even in the sequential case.

Well, someone missed the point.  The record speaks for itself.  Anyhow, I'm
glad to see that we don't really disagree.

	[In the matter of an implementation's permuting different ways at
	 different times when useful...]

	Are you aware then that you are not in conformance with the report?

No, I'm in conflict with the denotational semantics which the report describes
as "a closer approximation to the intended semantics than a left-to-right
evaluation would be."  The discrepancy is in the report and I think everyone
would like to see it fixed.

Eric