days-after-J2000.0

I meant UT1.  Here is a proposal for adding the function
days-after-J2000.0.  Forget seconds-after-J2000.0.

(days-after-J2000.0)					procedure
days-after-J2000.0 returns a real number giving the current universal
time (UT1) minus the universal time at Noon of January 1, 2000.  The
unit of universal time is a mean solar day.  The universal time UT1 is
the siderial time corrected to mean solar time and corrected for polar
movement.  J2000.0 is the Julian epoch of the time origin.

I just want to be able to write calendar programs that would be
insensitive to the differences between UT0, UT1, and UT2.

>How do the denotational semantics people handle calendar time, since
>we all know that anything they do is obviously the right decision in
>language design?

I do not know.

John