Standardization (A conservative approach)

Should Scheme standardization be approved, I propose the following
plan for the initial draft.

Limit changes to:

1)  Adding Abelson's manifesto on Scheme evolution,

2)  adding multiple values,

3)  modifying the number syntax as previously agreed, and

4)  wordsmithing.

Letting each person choose *one* new feature to propose could make the
standards process into a design process.  I like the idea of
standardizing something close to R3RS Scheme.

My view is that informal Scheme design meetings, such as the Scheme
workshop of June 1987, are the places to talk about evolutionary changes
to Scheme.  Are those meetings going to be replaced by formal
standards meetings, or are the standards meetings going to only codify
the time tested ideas that originated in workshops and other
locations?
John