Can we standardize Scheme without killing it?

I can almost feel consensus in the air---although a number of people
have been conspicuously silent concerning standardization.  I'm
prepared to go wherever and meet whomever may be necessary to help
resolve the non-technical aspects of Scheme standardization.  Shall we
accept Ramsdell's invitation to meet at MITRE?  When?  If not, where?

How about the rest of you?  Does silence means apathy or tacit approval?
(Despair?)

One problem with all standards efforts is the travel costs associated
with meetings.  Are we likely to disenfranchise anyone on that basis?
If we were to agree in advance to stick closely to R3RS, could we get
by with fewer active participants doing most of the work?

--db--