A vote for a minimal standard

In conversations with Chris Haynes I have expressed my opinion that
if there is to be a standardization of Scheme it ought to be under
the auspices of the people who have Scheme's best interests at heart.
>From my current perspective it appears that IEEE is our best hope.
Language design for human users is a constantly evolving process,
so it should be clear that at the outset only the smallest acceptable
subset of R^n should be standardized.

                                       --- Dan