substring-vector-null-fill!, coliti

  If |(set-car! '(a b) 'c)| is an error, how about |(set-car! '(d e) 'f)|?
That is, when do backquoted expressions denote constants?  (I vote never).
[A related question is whether |`(d e)| returns the same list each time it
is executed.  I suspect you may want to table the above paragraph.]

  Vectors have constant length.  Strings have variable length.  With this
view it would make sense to "fill" a vector, but not a string.

Perry Wagle, Indiana University, Bloomington Indiana.
...!ihnp4!inuxc!iuvax!wagle	(USENET)
wagle@indiana			(CSNET)
wagle%indiana@csnet-relay	(ARPA)