"Final" comments on RRRRS

Before I go on vacation, I'd like to submit a (very) few comments on the
current draft report for consideration for the SIGPLAN revision.

-- I'm very pleased with its appearance and happy that it was distributed
to all of the attendees at the LISP conference.  Thanks again to Jonathon.

-- Kent Dybvig has asked that the colon (:) be removed from the set of
extended alphabetic characters (section 2.3).  I agree completely.  My
joint implementations of Scheme and Common LISP need a reasonable syntax
for Scheme procedures to refer to symbols in various Common LISP packages.
Using Common LISP's syntax seems best.

-- Reference [2] to our conference paper on PC Scheme may now be updated
to refer to pages 86-93 of the proceedings.  The same goes for reference
[6] by Dybvig, Friedman, and Haynes.  Reference [51] to the TI Scheme
manual should be changed from ``preliminary version 1.0, November 1985''
to ``Original issue: December 1985''.

-- I hope that Jonathon will be able to incorporate our proposed number
syntax.

Regards,
David Bartley
-------