add1 and sub1

When describing arithmetic I find the symbols "1+" and
"-1+" very harmful.  The function + is denoted by the
symbol "+" and this confuses people who are trying to
understand the primitive recursive definition of +.
Purely for pedagogical reasons I would like to see "add1"
and "sub1" be optional.  I know that macscheme & PC-Scheme
have included them.  I don't like multiple names for the
same construct, but we have a few instances already in the
report.

Dan