LETREC (REC)

As you probably know by now, there is a feature that I REALLY dislike
about LETREC (REC), namely that LETREC allows non-lambda expressions
in the binding list.  I would like to make this optional and make the
standard allow only lambda expressions.  Is there a lot of opposition
to this?  I realize that it may be too late for this, and should
probably have objected very strongly at last year's meeting, but I've
thought a lot about the issue since then and I am becoming
progressively more upset with the way it is now.