another nit

    1. Should we say that the (SET-CAR! '(A) 'B) is an error, rather than
    that it is unspecified?

I sort of like that.

    2. Should we require (EQV? '(A) '(A)) to return true in implementations
    which forbid clobbering quoted structure (that would be all
    implementations, if the answer to 1. is yes)?

Although it would be nice, it seems that it has serious implementation
consequences: either quoted structure is hash-consed (BTW, what happens
them to immutable parts of back-quoted structure?), or EQV? becomes
more expensive than it already is.

I think that it would be a good idea to make a distinction between
unspecified and "is an error".