quasiquote implementation

Your implementation, which is very similar to the T and MIT Scheme
quasiquote imeplementations, has the powerful advantage over mine of
conciseness, but it has the serious flaw that it makes the expansion of
nested quasiquote forms visible to the user, thus making it difficult to
write portable code to manipulates such forms.  For example, (EQUAL?
'`(A ,B) ``(A ,B)) doesn't hold in your implementation.  This seems to
defeat my original aim in suggesting that we standardize the external
syntax of `, which was to allow people to write portable
program-manipulating programs.

Jonathan